Emergence.
I like the sound of the word. Webster advises that it's an intransitive verb: it does not need an object. I like that, too. It signifies autonomy, indepence, a freedom in the volition to become present or to be seen.
Emergence: to rise from or as if from immersion: Sea mammals must emerge periodically to breathe; To come forth from obscurity: new leaders who may emerge.; To become evident: The truth emerged at the inquest; To come into existence.
At this age in adulthood, can one still be on the precipe of emerging? I think so, for that is where I find myself: ready to breathe again, in a new way . . . from a large sense of freedom. I have felt immersed in a life filled with demands that were neither of my own choosing, nor aligned with my innate gifts. And I am emerging from that . . .looking around after spending so many years looking within.
I like the sound of the word. Webster advises that it's an intransitive verb: it does not need an object. I like that, too. It signifies autonomy, indepence, a freedom in the volition to become present or to be seen.
Emergence: to rise from or as if from immersion: Sea mammals must emerge periodically to breathe; To come forth from obscurity: new leaders who may emerge.; To become evident: The truth emerged at the inquest; To come into existence.
At this age in adulthood, can one still be on the precipe of emerging? I think so, for that is where I find myself: ready to breathe again, in a new way . . . from a large sense of freedom. I have felt immersed in a life filled with demands that were neither of my own choosing, nor aligned with my innate gifts. And I am emerging from that . . .looking around after spending so many years looking within.
No comments:
Post a Comment